Brain Training 101
Brain Training 101: Why Brain Training Works
Scientists used to think that the brain was set in stone, that we were born with certain brain abilities and those abilities could not be changed or improved. Today we understand that this could not be farther from the truth. Here are relatively recent discoveries about the brain:
- Throughout our entire lives, our brains can adapt, change and grow. Regardless of age, our brains are capable of finding new and better ways to reorganize neural connections and even create new ones.
- These neural connections form the foundation of our cognitive skills. Cognitive skills are the core brain skills that make up IQ and determine how well we think, read, learn, reason, remember and pay attention.
- Brain abilities and performance are never “set in stone.” Because the brain is always adapting and building, our ability to think, remember and learn is never static—it can always be upgraded and improved!
Brain Training 101: How Cognitive Skills Help Us Think and Learn
Whether you’re reading a book, studying for a test, chatting with a friend or even driving a car, your brain is bombarded with information from all five of your senses. All this incoming information is processed through a set of core cognitive skills. Like cogwheels in a machine, these skills work together to move information into stored knowledge so you can access it later when you need it. Because these skills work together, if even one skill isn’t pulling its weight, it can keep your brain from fully grasping and processing incoming information. This, in turn, creates frustrating challenges in school, work, and life.
Brain Training 101: BrainRx Strengthens Cognitive SKills
BrainRx strengthens brain skills, and stronger brain skills make life easier. How does BrainRx strengthen brain skills? Here are some important facts about BrainRx brain training:
- BrainRx programs use intense mental exercise to strengthen key skills.
- Training takes place in our centers, using a unique combination of one-on-one brain training and digital training.
- Even though the training is fun and incorporates a variety of game-like exercises, it’s intense and effective.
- Pre-training testing allows us to identify specific weak skills so we can target those skills and strengthen them.
- Finally, by working with their own personal BrainRx trainer, students get the benefits of customized sessions, accountability, and lots of one-on-one encouragement.
Want to open a BrainRx Center in your city? Get licensing information here. BrainRx Brain Training programs are only available outside of the United States. If you are looking for help and you live in the United States, visit www.learningrx.com. LearningRx is the parent company of BrainRx.